I like how ArenaNet celebrates the holidays. It’s the Fourth of July weekend. We the people of the United States of America are celebrating the birth of a nation. Meanwhile, in the world of Guild Wars, Cantha is having their annual Dragon Festival. That means seasonal games, quests and prizes for Guild Wars player. This event is especially important for title farmers as the Boardwalk is open during this time of year.
Here’s the offical word from ArenaNet…
Cantha Commemorates the Dragon Festival
This weekend, Canthans celebrate the historic Dragon Festival. Enjoy quests and games and prizes, oh my! Visit the Boardwalk, jump into the Dragon Arena, score cool prizes, too. The even takes place in Shing Jea Monastery starting at Noon Pacific (-7 GMT) on Thursday, July 2 and it wraps up at 11:59 PM Pacific on Sunday, July 5.
Dragon Festival 2009
- Decorated Shing Jea Monastery and Kaineng Center in preparation for the Dragon Festival.
- Beginning at Noon Pacific (-7 GMT) on Thursday, July 2, 2009, the Shing Jea Boardwalk, Dragon Arena, and Rollerbeetle Racing will be opened for the duration of the weekend.
- Captain Rujiyo will be gathering adventurers in Shing Jea Monastery for special festival missions at various times throughout the day on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- For the final events on Sunday, July 5, Emperor Kisu will visit Shing Jea Monastery every two hours, with the first event starting at 2:00 AM Pacific (-7 GMT) and the last event starting at 11:59 PM Pacific (-7 GMT).
- Imperial Supply Master Kagno will appear in Shing Jea Monastery as the event comes to a close at 11:59 AM Pacific (-7 GMT) on Monday, July 6. He will remain there for one week to exchange 250 Victory Tokens for the new mask in case anyone misses the exchange with Emperor Kisu.
- For the full mission and event schedule, please see the Dragon Festival 2009 event page.
- Fixed a bug that caused Signet of Creation to affect non-Binding Ritual spells.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Signet of Creation from applying to certain Binding Rituals.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Junundu skill Choking Breath from interrupting some enemies.
- Updated Soothing, Vampirism, and Preservation to use the correct casting animations.