It’s pretty obvious that Guild Wars 2 is starting to warm up. After years of silence, ArenaNet is starting to let the light shine on a project that was once shrouded in secrecy. But there are still many hidden truths in the land of Bellevue. What are they? Perhaps you can join their team and find out for yourself. ArenaNet is hiring a Quality Assurance Tester. Pity, that the job doesn’t seem allow telecommuting.
Here’s the official posting…
ArenaNet is looking for a quality assurance tester with a passion for online role-playing games to join our QA team. Candidates must have extensive experience playing and testing games across a wide variety of genres, be resourceful in an environment of continually changing constraints, and be driven by a strong desire to learn and improve the games they work on.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work well in a team environment to successfully accomplish assigned projects
- Document testing procedures and writing/editing test cases
- Identify and report bugs via a database
- Verify bug fixes and monitor active issues
- Responsible for the overall quality of products
- Communicate and coordinate activities with team members and other departments
- 2+ years testing video games
- Passion for Guild Wars
- Copyediting experience (Chicago-style editing familiarity preferred)
- Works well in a creative team environment
- Reliable and self-motivated
- Extensive experience playing games
- Strong communication skills
- Creative and analytical thinker
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Familiarity with Word and Excel
- Experience in creating and running test cases
- Basic knowledge of Wiki page formatting
- Ability to communicate professionally with players
- Flexible schedule that adjusts to testing needs
- Able to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment with minimal supervision
This isn’t a job. It’s a hobby that you get paid for. I could easily do this from my house. Heh, I remember the good old days of Alpha / Beta testing the original Guild Wars. I was a chatty fellow back then, with over 2,000 posts on the developer forum. Ahh… the memories. However, I’m a New Yorker and that’s where I intend to stay. Is your situation different? Perhaps adventure on the West Coast is calling you. I highly suspect that this job is about Guild Wars 2 testing. Imagine… paid to play! But hey, no slouches allowed! If you do get the job, remember that millions of gamers are expecting a high quality game!
Check http://www.arena.net/jobs for more information.