Photics.com is one of the oldest Guild Wars Fansites out there. Back in December of 2003, I had a unique idea for a Guild Wars fansite. Instead of focusing on a forum or cheat sheets, what if I made an electronic magazine? After dozens of issues, and thousands of visitors, the idea brought lots of popularity to Photics.com. However, I realized that something was wrong. It was mostly a solo project. The Internet is more for collaboration. Issue #35 aims to fix that problem. The Guild Wars community is invited to contribute content for the Tuesday, September 22, 2009 issue of Photics: The Guild Wars Edition.
What would you like to see in the 2009 Autumnal Equinox edition of Photics Guild Wars Fansite magazine? Just post up a comment on this page. If you want to contribute, simply post your email address with your comment. (Don’t worry, your email doesn’t appear with your comment.) There is a wide range of ways to participate…
- Cartoonists – Can you make a funny and well illustrated Guild Wars comic?
- Translators – Hey, the game’s global. This publication should be too!
- Writers – Do you have strategy guides or other interesting articles about Guild Wars?
- Copy Editors – Someone has to look out for typos and grammatical errors.
- Illustrators – New Guild Wars artwork is running low. Maybe your art could be on the cover!
This is strictly a volunteer thing. (At least, for now.) Although, I do like to show my appreciation. While supplies last, I can send out a skill pin to every contributor.
Other things to consider…
- Your content could be seen by thousands of people. That’s a nice ego boost.
- This is good practice if you’re interested in a career in publishing – a possible resume boost.
- This helps strengthen the Guild Wars community.
- It’s something to do while waiting for Guild Wars 2.
Issue #35 is scheduled to be released on Tuesday, September 22, 2009. If you are interested in volunteering, your content will have to be submitted by Friday, September 18, 2009. Not all content will be published, or it may be edited from its original form. No content from the Guild Wars Wiki is permitted. This is to be a magazine of original work. (If you’re not sure that your content is good enough to be published, send it in earlier. Maybe I can work with you to make your content better.)